International scholarship programme; terms and conditions
Submissions are now closed.
The purpose of the programme is to support the attendance of individuals whose abstract has been selected for presentation in the programme, who are most able to transfer the skills and knowledge acquired there to the work they undertake in their own organizations and community representatives who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend the conference.
A very limited number of scholarships will be awarded on the basis of their letter of motivation
As only a limited number of scholarships are available and the demand is so high, it is strongly recommended you also seek funding from other sources.
A full scholarship includes:
- registration fee for the conference;
- travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- accommodation (shared in a budget hotel or dorm for the days of the conference);
- modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (1-3 December 2015, USD 55 per day).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.
Please read the following information carefully before you begin your application.
- Application forms must be completed in full. Incomplete applications cannot be considered for a scholarship.
- All application form submissions must be accompanied by a letter of motivation for the scholarship. Individuals who submit abstracts which are accepted will be prioritised. Abstracts will be judged primarily on the basis of originality, importance and overall quality of content (please view abstract submission guidelines on the website).
- Application forms must be completed in English. The official language of the conference is English and all scholarship recipients must have a good command of English to be able to fully participate in the conference.
Motivation for attending the conference (in case no abstract submitted).
Please describe in 250 words why this conference is relevant to your work and interests and what you intend to bring to the conference and what you hope to gain at the conference.
15 August 2015. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Applicants must complete the online application form only once. A confirmation email will be sent to the applicant’s primary email address.
Correspondence between the International Scholarship Programme team and the scholarship applicants will be done primarily by email. Therefore applicants must have a valid personal email address that they regularly check.
Any enquiries concerning applications for an International Scholarship should be addressed to [email protected]
If you wish to apply for a scholarship you can do so by filling in the form HERE. The final decisions about scholarships will not be made until September after abstracts have been evaluated.